It’s that time of year. This Friday, April 20th, we’ll be entering Taurus Season!
Before this year, I didn’t know much about astrology, except some basics about my sign and the occasional horoscope from Refinery29 or Cosmopolitan telling me what to expect each week. I’ve never been skeptical of the powers that the moon, stars, and sun have on us, but I had never dug deep into my specific birth chart or felt a need to. Some of my closest friends are very interested in astrology however, and it’s inspired me to learn more about my sign and how it all aligns.
Here are some general Taurus basics (via Astrology & Spirituality):
- Taurus is a feminine Earth Sign.
- An Earth sign is known to use their senses (touch, smell, see, taste, and hear) to understand the world around them — a practical outlook, so to speak.
- The Taurus symbol is the bull, signifying stubbornness.
- A Taurus will generally long for love + security.
- Taurus is ruled by Venus, the goddess of love, which makes us passionate + sensual beings.
Additionally, Taurus’ are known to be loyal, practical, and responsible. The Earth sign signifies someone who is generally grounded and has a realistic perspective. If you know me at all, you know this is right on track.
Here are some more specific tidbits on my personal birth chart, which is based on my date, time, and location of birth:
- Rising Sun (the way others see you): Taurus
- Sun (our core, home base): Taurus
- Moon (emotional center): Scorpio
- Mercury (how one communicates, and how you think + process information): Gemini
- Venus (how you view relationships, love): Aries
- Mars (our aggressive instincts + drive): Leo
- Jupiter (the way to prosperity, growth): Sagittarius
- Saturn (our responsibilities + commitments): Pisces
- N. Node (your life purpose): Scorpio
Though for many of you, this all means nothing and I’ve only confused you, I’ll point out just a few interesting points from the list above.
The ways others see me, and at my core, I am a Taurus. My best friends (those who follow astrology closely) can vouch for this. I try to be a voice of reason when situations get rocky, I’m straight forward, organized, and very stubborn. I also love love, and find comfort in passionate and emotional relationships.
My moon, or emotional state, is very intense. “Your moods are deep, extreme and not always completely understood by yourself or by those with whom you have to deal.” True that.
My Mercury, or the way I communicate, says that “You are every restless and you get bored easily. Your mind is active, quick, and agile. You also love to travel.” Bingo. I love communicating and educating myself on things like current events and different cultures. I was a Journalism major and love traveling. A lot.
If you know me and relationships, you know my Venus sign is on point. I am affectionate, but don’t want to be tied down. Though when my sights are set on someone, I will pursue passionately. This usually ends in heartbreak, but the heart wants what it wants.
My Mars sign, or my drive, is indicative of my strength and courageousness. “When people expect a lot of you, you respond positively and will work hard in order to maintain their respect.”
My Jupiter is described as “You are widely read and may also be widely traveled because you are sincerely interested in expanding your knowledge of the world.. you have a strong sense of ethics and morality.” I can only hope that to be true.
You can check out my detailed chart below:
There you have it! Just a little look into what makes me, me according to the sun and the stars. I highly recommend looking into your astrological birth chart if you never have to see yourself from a different and starry perspective. You can generate your own chart here: https://alabe.com/freechart/